Update 19 May 2020
We would like to say a huge Thank you to everyone for their support and for following the rules on social distancing. We are doing everything possible to ensure visitors and staff are safe & can enjoy the Gardens. Following Government guidance on access to green space we have updated our advice and kindly ask that you abide by these reasonable adjustments:
- Stay alert.
- Do not enter the Gardens if you have any symptoms – fever, coughs, shortness of breath or are self-isolating.
- You can visit to spend time outdoors, exercise as often as you wish and meet one other person (not in your household) at 2 metres apart.
- Use all areas of the Gardens and spread out. If an area is crowded, do not enter if you cannot stay at a safe distance from others.
- Do not use closed facilities – these include the playground and toilets – these are closed to stop the spread of coronavirus.
- Garden benches are not sanitised, if you use them avoid touching surfaces.
- No BBQ’s.
- Please always respect our staff and keep a safe distance from them. Some work areas may be taped off to allow staff to work whist keeping a safe distance from others – please stay out of these areas.
- When the Gardens are busier, we respectfully ask dog walkers to walk dogs on leads to allow the maximum room for everyone to exercise. As usual please pick up after dogs.
- The Estate staff have no powers to enforce the Government restrictions. If you believe there has been a breach of the law, you may wish to report this to the police by telephoning the 101 service.
We love our Estate and know you do too – it is a lifeline for exercise, fresh air and mental wellbeing for many. We want to stay open but may have to close if our visitors do not follow the legal restrictions from the Government.
Update on Gardens and Facilities:
We are closely monitoring Government advice on COVID-19, please see below for the latest changes to our Estate:
- The House will remain closed until further notice
- The Café is open for takeaway only
- The playground and toilets are closed
- The car park will be closed until 1st June
Derek Myers, Chair of Trustees