Director – (Closing date 15th November 2019)
The Chiswick House and Gardens Trust Chairman and board are looking for a new Director to lead the Trust forward. The Post holder will be expected to devise and deliver an ambitious strategy to ensure the Trust meets its charitable objectives and thrives as a heritage organisation.
We seek someone who can:
- Show commercial acumen, making good judgements about business opportunities and risks.
- Show they understand how to manage in a trading environment .
- Show they have had previous experience of managing staff.
- Show that have good written and verbal communication skills, in the English language, as this is the business language of the Trust.
- Show they can experience of the heritage industry or comparable activity in the public, voluntary or commercial sector.
- Show a passion for the work of the Trust and its potential.
- Show how they have managed in an operational setting, securing high standards.
- Show a sufficient understanding of project management.
For more information and to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org and click here: CHGT Director JD for more info.
Chiswick House and Gardens seeks two new trustees to join board – closing date 8th November 2019)
We are looking for individuals with experience and/or ideas about how the Trust might make progress in the following areas:
- Knowledge or ideas about fundraising and/or experience of marketing to diverse audiences. By marketing we mean ways to extend our reach and encourage a wide range of people to want to visit our site.
- Knowledge or ideas about what might work for families. Heritage attractions usually find it easier to attract older visitors but we want to be thoughtful about how to encourage visitors from all age groups, from all cultures. As well as the wonderful House we have a small children’s playground, a cricket pitch and over 60 acres of other grounds including informal woodlands.
For more information and to apply please email email@example.com and click here: CHGT Trustee Positions for more info
Visitor Engagement Manager – Closing date 31st October 2019
This is a new role for a visitor engagement and learning professional. An exciting opportunity for someone to develop an exciting new offer.
This is a new role dedicated to visitor engagement and learning. The successful applicant for this role will have the opportunity to develop and implement a strategy to maximise positive visitor engagement and innovative and impactful learning programmes.
For more info and to apply please email your CV and covering letter, addressed to Caroline Busby at firstname.lastname@example.org and click here Visitor Engagement Manager
Fundraising Officer – closing date 31st October 2019
Chiswick House and Gardens Trust is looking for a capable, cheerful person who wants to be involved in the development of a new heritage offer.
CHGT is looking for a capable, cheerful person who wants to be involved in the development of a heritage organisation with all the hard-work and possibilities that this brings. In particular:
- Degree level education
- Excellent written, organisation, project management and presentation skills
- A passion for heritage and track-record in the sector, in particular the ability to present a persuasive case for support
- Self-motivation and determination, the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Self-administering with a good knowledge of MS Office, research tools and databases
- The ability to motivate and work very closely and effectively with a wide range of supporters and potential supporters and with senior management and trustees
- Political skills to work well with colleagues to achieve particular goals and to reconcile commercial targets with heritage policies
- Ideally 2 years experience of fundraising
For more info and to apply please email your CV and covering letter, addressed to Caroline Busby at email@example.com and click here Fundraising Officer – October 2019
At Chiswick House and Gardens Trust we are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. We value diversity, promote equality, and challenge discrimination. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
The Trust is run by a small team of dedicated staff but we do have occasional vacancies and short term contracts. If you would like to gain experience of working in a historic site then you might want to consider becoming a volunteer.